We are proud to share the newly released conference report, from INCLUDE’s online event ‘Building forward more inclusively’ that took place between 8 to 16 June. In line with its objective, the 2021 INCLUDE conference stimulated a number of productive exchanges between over 50 expert speakers, session chairs and moderators representing research, policy and practice, as well as a numerous and equally diverse audience.
The conference report presents the summary of the most important findings, discussions and policy recommendations from the seven sessions, offering practical input on how to address structural constraints while promoting fundamental, more permanent and inclusive socio-economic transformation post-Covid 19, in order not to go back to ‘the way things were’ but to build forward more inclusively.
The conference report can be downloaded here.
You can read individual news items dedicated to each of the conference session at the links below:
- Opening session – After the COVID-19 shakeup: realities and opportunities for Africa’s development partners
- Session 1 – The (un)expected evidence: COVID-19 and inequalities
- Session 2 – Merging perspectives on decent employment for Africa’s youth post pandemic
- Session 3 – Uganda’s way: youth employment and participation post-COVID
- Session 4 – Donor meets policymaker: modelling social protection responses on the continent
- Session 5 – Resilience amidst COVID-19: approaches and strategies from the African Policy Dialogues
- Closing session: Conference highlights and innovation strategies for a post-pandemic Africa