Who collects your data?
Personal information collected
All personal information collected is associated with specific interactions on any of the media channels or platforms. Personal information details collected by us are: first and last name, email address, the organization you are associated with (optional). No request is made on any of our channels to share regarded sensitive information. This together is the full extent to which we collect your personal information.
When do we collect personal information?
Under the following circumstances we collect the above mentioned personal information:
- When you subscribe to our newsletter(s)
- When you comment on our website
- In any case you voluntarily provide personal information on our website
- When you register for activities, events, conferences or other meetings hosted or facilitated by INCLUDE
- When you communicate with us through the website
- When you communicate with us via email
- When you participate with social media and peer to peer accounts that involve the INCLUDE network
How and in what situations do we use your personal information?
The INCLUDE knowledge platform uses your personal information as a result of voluntarily entered information on any of our media channels or through direct communication with INCLUDE.
We use your personal information under the following circumstances:
- To send you the newsletters you have subscribed to, or mailings you are included in
- To send you information about programmes, initiatives, activities or events
- To respond to any inquiries from our users’ side
- For event or programme registration
- To optimize and improve our programmes, activities and knowledge brokering activities
- Advocating stakeholders on specific issues
- To perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website and their usage patterns
- For managing purposes of INCLUDE as an organization
Who do we share your personal information with?
Non-personal information collection
So called ‘non-personal’ information is also collected by INCLUDE. This is considered information about our individual users that helps us monitoring traffic to improve the usability and relevance of the website to our users and target audience. However, the information saved by our servers does not identify you individually.
Non-personal data that we log based on your activity are:
- Demographic data such as age and gender
- Certain device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Website. This information includes information such as your IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type and browser language
- We log certain usage information about your use of the website, which includes a reading history of the pages you view.
- We collect and store additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses; and
- We collect and store your search terms and search results
Furthermore, cookies are collected as is the case by most websites you visit. These are small text files are stored on the computer of the user (not on the INCLUDE-end), that provides information on the interaction and behavior of this individual regarding the website. This is considered to be non-personal information. You can accept or decline cookies at all times in your browser options.
When do we use non-personal information?
We use this information for analytics purposes on the traffic and behavior on our website. To do so, we use Google analytics. Google analytics allows us to gain insight in the behavior of our visitors, making that we can analyze, interpret and determine strategy on optimizing the functionality of our website.
How do we protect your personal information?
We have implemented appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures, including industry-standard encryption for transmission of credit card information hosting, storing and back-up, to help keep your information secure, accurate, current and complete.
Review and edit your settings regarding your personal information