About the research
This research will assess COVID-19 mitigation and policy responses aimed at providing social protection to the most vulnerable groups. By mapping Government policies and gathering experiences of Community Based Organizations (from Maputo, Beira and Pemba), the focal points of this research are: (1) Noncontributive social protection policies and state budget prioritization; (2) Cash transfer policies directed to the most vulnerable groups; (3) Policy coherence and sustainability strategies.
- Research planning meetings.
- Production and submission of online questionnaires: (1) to the Government – Ministry of Social Action and Economy and Finance (2) to Donors and international cooperation partners; and (3) to “non-state actors” (media, NGOs, trade unions, private sector and academy).
- Production and submission of online questionnaires to Provincial Delegations of INAS (National Institute of Social Assistance – Maputo, Cabo Delgado and Sofala Provinces).
- Production and submission of questionnaires to CBOs of the cities of Beira, Maputo and Pemba.
- Email interviews with participants of the initiative “Resposta a COVID-19 com Contas Certas”, aimed to ensure consistency and transparency COVID-19 response related management of public funds.
- Workshops/webinar to exchange experiences with CBOs of the cities of Beira, Maputo and Pemba.
- Data compilation and analysis.
- Production of research report.