What is an enabling environment and what is its role and impact on employment creation for youth? How can it empower more disadvantaged youth to access the labor market?
In the fifth webinar of our series, the authors of this research paper focusing on how empowerment and an enabling environment matter for the effectiveness of youth employment programmes in Africa will present their research and findings. The conversation will be joined by ASCL expert Chibuike Uche, a policy officer from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and two youth representatives from Sylabs in Algeria and from Empower Youth for Work in Ethiopia.
- Marieke Meeske – Oxfam / ESP author | presentation
- Laila Bouallouch – MFA | policy discussant
- Abdellah Mallek – Sylabs | youth discussant
- Chibuike Uche – ASCL | discussant
- Chimwemwe Chithyoka | youth discussant
- Taonga Zulu | youth discussant
- Chiamaka Nwachukwu – Youth Representative | Moderator