(How) can the green economy provide sustainable jobs for youth in Africa? Can industries without smokestacks provide job opportunities for youth?
After an opening speech by Martha Melesse from IDRC, the authors of this evidence synthesis paper on youth employment in the green economy will present their work, followed by presentations from ILO, IDRC, and a discussion with one policy officer from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and one youth representative.
- Mette Grangaard Lund – International Labour Organization | presentation
- Robert Hill – Development Policy Research Unit, School of Economics, University of Cape Town | presentation
- Grace Mwaura – Independent consultant / Evidence Synthesis Paper author | presentation
- Dominic Glover – Institute of Development Studies / Evidence Synthesis Paper author | presentation
- Bart van der Meer – Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs | policy discussant
- Joshua Amponsem – Youth Climate Lab | youth discussant
- Martha Melesse – International Development Research Centre | opening speech
- Chiamaka Nwachukwu – Youth Representative | Moderator
This webinar is part of a series to promote evidence-based policy-making, experts’ knowledge sharing and good practices on youth employment in Africa. Visit this page for more information.