The objective of the Policy Knowledge Community (PKC) is to create a more structured and holistic network that shares knowledge and promotes the prioritization of local interests by investors in the extraction of natural resources in Mozambique. The first multi-stakeholder workshop to launch the PKC will be held on 28-29 July 2016 in Maputo. The objectives of the Kick-off Forum are to:
- Articulate the perspectives and research/knowledge needs from policy makers
- Establish main areas of consensus among diverse views by policy actors
- Discuss how the activities of the PKC align with other policy dialogue processes in Mozambique
- Align activities of the Policy Knowledge Community (PKC) to the current work of policy makers and contribute to development of their agenda and activity implementation
- Create and cultivate ownership of the PKC activities and engagement processes to enhance uptake of project results and strengthen the national policy agenda
The Kick-off Forum will bring together civil society and government representative participants working on sectors related to the national policies assessed by this project, including: government representatives from the sectors of Labour, Trade and Industry, Youth, Finance, Gender and Energy/Natural resources.
Organizer: Centro de Integridade Pública (Centre for Public Integrity) and the National Institute of Employment and Vocational Training (INEFP)